Google+

Saturday 3 August 2013

Dvorak keyboards

Hmmm,

I got talking to a colleague about RSI today. We covered mice first of all. I'm a big fan of the un-ambidextrous Logitech mice where my thumb can easily rest on the side.

Then we moved onto keyboards. I don't think I've found the best keyboard yet. I use a Logitech G510 / Apple MacBook Pro and a standard dell keyboard mainly. None of which are perfect.

The Logitech keys feel a bit soft. The Mac a bit flaky for gaming and the work one is OK for typing but a bit uncomfortable.

We then we got onto different input methods... Swype (Android phone app where you don't need to raise your fingers) would be great on say a tablet sized keyboard.

I've never tried a Dvorak keyboard and that was mentioned. From a quick Google search it doesn't look like there are many good options at all. Are there? I couldn't see any 'gaming' ones or an Apple one.. It does sound like something worth trying though as the logic seems sound. place the most often used keys closer together so you fingers have to travel less.

Let me know in the comments what you use / would recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment